There are many ways to hack Symbian and set your phone free. OYSOISC is the newest kid on the block. It's a Python wrapper around HelloCarbide (to hack Symbian) and a modified installserver, which lets you install any Symbian program without having to deal with certificates or Symbian Signed.
Installing of CapsOnOff (to toggle platform security) or ROMPatcher (to toggle platform security and do many other things) is optional and can be done after OYSOISC has added the modified installserver to your phone.
OYSOISC has the same limitations as the original HelloCarbide hack: it doesn't work if your phone has the latest, hackproof firmware.
In addition, OYSOISC only works on Symbian S60 3rd ed. Feature Pack 1 phones: Nokia 5700 XpressMusic, 6110 Navigator, 6120 classic, 6121 classic, 6124 classic, 6290, E51, E90, N76, N81, N81 8GB, N82, N95, N95-3 NAM, and N95 8GB.
You need to have Python installed to make OYSOISC work.
• OYSOISC for Symbian S60 v3 Feature Pack 1 phones
• OYSOISC for Symbian S60 v3 Feature Pack 1 phones at Mobile Castle
• Python (required to run OYSOISC)
• Symbian hacking methods for Symbian S60 (all feature packs) and Symbian UIQ
• ROMPatcher (to toggle the Symbian locks, and much more)
Tuesday, 11 November 2008
OYSOISC: Easy HelloCarbide/installserver combo to hack Symbian S60 3rd ed. Feature Pack 1 phones and avoid Symbian Signed