Nokia phones with Symbian S60 3rd ed. feature pack 2 can display contacts from your phone memory and your SIM card at the same time, but on phones with feature pack 1 (or without feature pack) you have to dig deep down in the options menu to see your SIM contacts.
Or you can install the Python application SIM directory. This simple piece of code which floats all over the Symbian forums puts an icon on your phone for direct access to your SIM contacts.
• SIM directory for Symbian S60 3rd edition feature pack 1 and pre-feature pack 1
• Python (required to run SIM directory)
On newer (feature pack 2) Nokia phones the shortcut to the Themes settings disappeared from the Settings folder. You can still get there the long way (Settings, General, Personalisation, Themes), or can you can bring the Themes shortcut back with the (not very new) program Themes Launcher.
• Themes Launcher (for Symbian S60 3rd edition feature pack 2)
• Themes and themes tools collection
Which feature pack?
Not sure which feature pack your Symbian S60 3rd edition Nokia has?
• All Nokia S60 versions and phones
Wednesday, 26 November 2008