Music in mp3, ogg, aac, and mp4 format, and m3u playlists too: PowerMP3 plays 'em all. Comes with sleeptimer, exclude option to keep your ringtones out of your music library, album art display, and it can download album art for you. It sorts music by mp3 tags and folder structure.
PowerMP3 received two updates in the last few days. Version 1.15 has less bugs, shows album art stored as folder.jpg, and when you delete songs from the playlist you can wipe 'em off your phone in one go if you want to. Version 1.16 adds a sort option in the play queue, optional vibration when you click the buttons, and the annoying background noise when you play music at low volume is gone.
You can use the test versions for free, so get one before Mobifactor starts asking money (which may happen sooner than you think). If you install the latest version of PowerMP3 on top of an older version and it doesn't work, uninstall the older version first. If the old version won't go away just switch your phone off and back on.
• PowerMP3 1.16 beta at Mobifactor (this version may go offline soon)
• PowerMP3 1.16 beta at Mobile Castle (use this if the Mobifactor link is dead)
• PowerMP3 1.15 beta at Mobile Castle
Older versions of PowerMP3:
• PowerMP3 v1.14 at Mobile Castle
• PowerMP3 v1.13 at Mobile Castle
• PowerMP3 v1.11 at Mobile Castle
• PowerMP3 v1.10 at Mobile Castle
• PowerMP3 v1.09 at Ziddu
• PowerMP3 v1.08 at Mobile Castle
• PowerMP3 v1.07 at Mobile Castle
• PowerMP3 v1.06 at Mobile Castle
• PowerMP3 v1.05 at Mobile Castle
• PowerMP3 beta 2 at Mobile Castle
• PowerMP3 beta 2 at Mobifactor
Monday, 1 June 2009