YouTube for Symbian plays YouTube video without any extras. It won't let you log into YouTube, so you can't play any adult videos that require logging in.
When you install YouTube it asks you to choose a location from a list of 5 countries. Just pick any country and the program will work. If you can't download the latest YouTube for Symbian version from the official YouTube site, you can get it from sites like Mobile Castle. Tip: you can erase the search history and other private data, but that option is hidden in the help menu.
The latest version fixes bugs but doesn't add any new features.
• m.youtube.com (on the fly installation)
• YouTube 2.0.17 on Mobile Castle (downloadable installer)
• MobiTubia, an alternative YouTube player
Shazam iD works like Sony Ericsson's TrackID. Start the program, point your phone to some source of music, hit "Tag Now," and Shazam will tell you which song you're listening to.
It's been available for Symbian S60 3rd ed. for ages (details here), and now there's a version for Symbian S60 5th ed. too, so you can use it on touchscreen Nokia's like the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic.
• Shazam iD for Symbian S60 5th ed. at MobiCreed
• Shazam iD for Symbian S60 3rd ed.
• Shazam iD official site (two-week trial, for english users only)
Friday, 5 June 2009
YouTube for Symbian fixes bugs, music identifier Shazam iD now also for touchscreen Nokias with Symbian S60 5th ed.