You hack your phone because you don't need Nokia or SonyEricsson to take you by the hand and tell you what's good for you. And then you add the modified version of installserver.exe because you don't need Symbian Signed to force their judgement on you.
But do you want to have your copy of the modified installserver.exe active 24/7, or only when you need it?
Enter instsvrOnOff, a tool to turn off the hacked version of installserver when you don't need it, and toggle it back on when you want to install something. Run, click, ready: instsvrOnOff is a simple and efficient program that gets the job done and stops right there.
You'll need a hacked phone with Python installed, and in typical Python style it's a good idea to put Python and your Python programs directly on the phone memory and not on a memory card.
If you use the installserver patches for ROMPatcher you don't need instsvrOnOff, because then you can switch the installserver mod on and off from the ROMPatcher menu.
• instsvrOnOff for phones with the installserver.mod at Symbian Freak (for members only)
• instsvrOnOff for phones with the installserver.mod at Mobile Castle (for everybody)
• Python for Symbian
• how to hack your phone and set it free
• modified installserver.exe for Symbian S60 and UIQ
• installserver patches for ROMPatcher
Saturday, 28 March 2009